“Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life? -Mary Oliver”
My name is Shana (she/her); I am a certified trauma psychotherapist and licensed clinical social worker (LCSW-C). In therapy, I seek to create a safe, non-pathologizing, and welcoming space. A space where your most authentic self will feel heard, seen, and cared for. I view this work as soul work and something I feel honored to be called to do.
I view therapy as a collaborative relationship. You are the expert of your own life, your own story, and your own healing. My job is to meet you with my lived experience and clinical education and help guide you on your path. In our work I will walk beside you with an open heart, an open mind, insight, curiosity, and healthy sense of humor. I use a variety of tools including: metaphor, storytelling, questioning, bibliotherapy, mindfulness, and my own authentic (sometimes weird) self.
Some areas of work that I am particularly drawn to are (people who are):
- First Responders and Health care workers
- Living with the effects of trauma
- Navigating Life Transitions
- Experiencing Attachment/ Inner Child Wounds
- Seeking to create a life of authenticity
- That “One of the deepest longings of the human soul is to be seen.” (John O’Donohue)
- That things “come together and they fall apart… [and] the healing comes from letting there be room for all of this to happen: room for grief, for relief, for misery, for joy.” (Pema Chödrön)
- That “you do not have to walk in your knees for a hundred miles… repenting. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.” (Mary Oliver)
- In the transformative power of presence and that “the human soul doesn’t want to be advised or fixed or saved. It simply wants to be witnessed – to be seen, heard and companioned exactly as it is.” (Parker Palmer)
If any of this speaks to you, please reach out!
“I will walk with you through the darkness as you remember your light.” – Sheree Bliss Tilsley
Licensed Clinical Social Worker- Certified (LCSW-C) State of Maryland 20047
Certified Clinical Trauma Professional (CCTP)
M.S.W. Master of Social Work
B.A. Bachelor of Arts- Psychology
Minors- Gender Studies & Philosophy
State of MD Board of Social Work Examiners: Board Approved Supervisor (LMSW)
State of MD Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists: Approved Supervisor (LGPC)
Currently supervising Bodhi Graduate Clinical Interns: Linnea, Hannah, and Alexis
My blog: Among the Wildflowers